71 to 76 full size olds

Questions about all other brand differentials.
74delta
Newbie Poster

71 to 76 full size olds

Post by 74delta »

Hi, I'm looking for a new rear end for my 74 delta 88. the old one is fine-3.08 posi, but I want a lot more gear. 3.90 would be ideal but 4.10 would also work. Noone makes gears for these rear ends 9 3/8
so I would assume maybe a 14 bolt would work? I don't think a 9 inch ford would work due to the weight of the car and the hp 540 to 580. If possible please let me know. I can ship my old rear housing to you for the bracket transfer.
Thanks.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: 71 to 76 full size olds

Post by monzaz »

Well we can certainly get the ball rolling if your serious... I guess this just forces us to get moving on these Full Size car rear we had planned to do.

Please PM us with the contact number and will have a truck paper work set up for the delivery or are you close enough to drop off the rear? Jim - J D Race

Pictures are of the 14 bolt housings we use... There will be a lot more work than a leaf spring rear BUT it will be a great strong rear once we get it done. As long as we have the original housing we should be able to get it done.

Another question to go over is DO you want the original brakes and axle bearing and seals? or are we going with other brakes maybe more popular.
Attachments
14 bolt custom camaro rear 004.jpg
14 bolt custom camaro rear 009.jpg
J D Race