g body rear end upgrade

acj1971
Newbie Poster

g body rear end upgrade

Post by acj1971 »

Good morning. Just read your post on g body forum, and found it to be very enlightening.
My current setup is an 86 regal with an olds 350. Big valves, street cam, rebuilt and modified 200-4r. Transmission is built for a 3.73 gear.
Rear axle is the stock 3.08. Converter is stock. Cam works best from 2000-5500. Seems like a 2400 stall is what I need,
but I'm afraid the rear end won't hold up. Weekend driver, maybe some strip. Have an olds 455 just waiting to be rebuilt, so that needs to be factored in. What would you suggest? And how much would a complete rear end with discs cost? Couldn't find a phone number to call for a quote.
Thanks for your consideration.

Chris Johnson
Charleston, SC
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: g body rear end upgrade

Post by monzaz »

Chris, I think we answered this in another thread...Yes? If not I will email you the number and will discuss.

We have 10 bolt 8.5 and 8.8 ford which are very strong and the most reasonable...We do offer the 12 bolt version but the 12 bolt housings drive the prices high on these.

If you can find a stock 10 bolt 8.5 G-body rear from a GN or 442 84-87 that might do the trick too. BUT the prices are as high as 1000.00 for used rears these days. we have the 3.37 with al lnew stuff and alloy axles for 1250.00.

Disc breaks for the G-body rears will be available soon from our rear disc brake supplier soon in Columbus, Oh. They will also fit the 3rd gen camaros too. Jim
J D Race