EDB-30152 posi carrier--what's it from/what's it worth?

66submarine
Newbie Poster

EDB-30152 posi carrier--what's it from/what's it worth?

Post by 66submarine »

I just bought one of these today and have no use for it, so I'd like to sell it somewhere to someone that does. I need to know a little about it before I can really do that, though.

First of all, what's it from? Someone wrote "65 CHevy 12 Bolt" on it in paint marker, but that's obviously not right. :lol: A year range and the axle it fits (and the axle applications, if you know) would be great. It has 31 spline axles, if that makes a difference. I think it's a 2-series carrier?

Second, how much do these generally go for?

Thanks!

monzaz
Average Poster

Re: EDB-30152 posi carrier--what's it from/what's it worth?

Post by monzaz »

Ok well as is 2 series unit is 2.29 2.41 ratio which is not as desirable as the 3 4 series. Just finding gears for this Pontiac rear (65-70 FULL SIZE CAR ONLY) is a great chore.
The unit definitely will need a going through to bring back to usable condition.

Price to sell - it will all depend on the person buying as to how bad they need it. we pick them up for 75-125 at swap meets as MOST do not even know what they are for and try to sell it as a 12 bolt chevy posi since it has 12 bolt holes...lol.

We buy them as is and sometimes it is best to unload it to someone that is willing to take it knowing it needs work and may NOT work when trying to restore it again.
J D Race
66submarine
Newbie Poster

Post by 66submarine »

Thanks, so is it only for a 65-70 8.75" 12 bolt? B-O-P, or only Pontiac stuff?

It cleaned up alright. It appears someone took it apart and lost the spider gear thrust washers, but seems fine besides that. Needs to be gone through anyway, like you said, but it seems like a usable core piece.

I'll probably toss it on ebay in a day or two, but feel free to make me an offer on it if you want to.

Thanks again

monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

Yah have to have those cups for the spider gears. The backlash will be too loose for the spider and you will wear them prematurely not messing properly.

Always here to buy parts to make other units live. :) Jim
J D Race