12 Bolt for G Body

MWireman
Rookie Poster

12 Bolt for G Body

Post by MWireman »

okay, finally ready to do this thing. Just wanted to know before I order anything,if you have 12 bolt for a g body. I realize it will require the different upper arms,if so I need to know how much?
I want the bolt in axle housing ends for the big ford new style(thats just what I have already to use that have the 4 3/4 blot pattern) 33 spline moser axles, and the Iceman upper's. Hate to keep asking different questions, but I just want to do this once.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: 12 Bolt for G Body

Post by monzaz »

We can make it no problem. Just more money that os all.

WE do have a 12 bolt here that was in a G-body BUT was never narrowed. I am NOT sure how the lowers would fit the perches were moved over the tubes. When we received it it was already out. WE did see it in the car and driving so it does fit...JUST do not know how the lowers were fit the shock mounts were modified to angle like the g-body also. Just a thought MIGHT BE A DOABLE REAR AS IS UNLESS YOU ALREADY BOUGHT RIMS. We would need to install gears and posi etc. I think it is just a 3.31 open.

So you need FORD end NOT GM with the ford bearing. That is correct?

What brake offset?

Did we ever quote you a price on 8.8 8.5 or 12 bolt yet? If not PM a email and will get that done. Jim
Attachments
rolo rear 004.jpg
12 bolt J D Race custom housing TA option cover and mega drum brake package.jpg
rolo rear 002.jpg
J D Race
MWireman
Rookie Poster

Post by MWireman »

Not sure of the brake offset. I dont have brakes for a 12 bolt was just going to use the ford brakes that I have. I see brakes on the rear in the photo, are those with the rear? I'm happy with either brakes. Are those the upper control arms i need to run it? I do see you can get a small gm housing end to run a larger ford bearing and bolt in axles from Moser. I went to moser's site and checked out the g body 12 bolt's, a little pricey but looks like a good piece. I had a 12 bolt before in a g body and it didnt fit well at all, too close on one side and the arms were totally wrong. This is why I ask so many questions,so I dont run into the same problems again. Yes you did quote me a 8.8 and 8.5 for 750.00 for housing and axles. Iceman arms were seperate.
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

tHE 12 BOLTS WE BUILD WILL BOLT RIGHT IN STOCK WIDTH. yOU USED A 1965-1972 CHEVELLE THEY aRE wider by 4" the lower and upper arm shock mounts spring perches are all in the wrong spots.
We modify the lower and shock mounts etc to fit stock location. The only thing we can not and the reason for the Iceman racing upper adjustable controls arms. :)

Yes the Moser housings are up there. They are great if you have a SHOW car or are looking to 850+ hp rear. Our rear will handle a bracket car to high 9 sec range -

We have the complete 8.8 G-body rear that will handle up to 750 hp easy MOSER axles I will include the upper control arms also for 1600.00 It will be a direct bolt in you will not even need a drive shaft shortening.

12 bolt you are paying for the housings that are getting harder to find- you can only get them from 65-72 GM A-body 8.5 you can get from 1973-1996 MUCH larger year range. 8.8 again 20 year run of getable housing. BOTH these rears can be made to handle gobs of power.

We have the 8.5 in a bracket race car 10.60 1/4 mile times.

Brakes. You do not receive brakes with the rear unless ordered. This was a build from late last year we did. example of what it will look like when done.
Most ford brake offsets are 2.5 9" etc.

12 bolt in a GF-body...TOO CLOSE ONLY ON ONE SIDE? Something was bent then... still should be centered. ALL GM pinion offsets were the same from 1965.
J D Race