68 and up a body Chevy 12 width verses 65 Catalina width.

652plus2
Newbie Poster

68 and up a body Chevy 12 width verses 65 Catalina width.

Post by 652plus2 »

I know a 12 bolt from a full size Chevy won't work in my 65 Catalina because of the mounting differences but an A body 12 bolt has the perches cast into the center section. How much narrower is a 68 and up A body 12 than my 65 Catalina rear? If I used later Pontiac lower control arms with the bushings in the end could I make that swap?
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: 68 and up a body Chevy 12 width verses 65 Catalina width.

Post by monzaz »

Lowers are too wide on your Pontiac...Much wider car than a a-body Chevelle and the upper are the biggest problem with them being too wide and totally different angles.

Until you have them in front of you you just see upper bushing and think oh they looks close...lol. THEY are NOT.

NOW anything can fit...But if we thought it was anywhere close we would have done it by now. But it has to come outr correct for use to do it for a professional job. YOU personally can hack anything you want and if your happy with it then it is cool. When your paying someone for a professional job your expecting more correct. AND the reason we have not done it. JUST does not come out to what we think is correct.

IF you have a welder anyone can be dangerously inventive...lol. Be careful you do not want to be a spot on the road or tree next to the road. :) Jim

J D Race
J D Race