Need some parts/part numbers for 8.5 axle rebuild

68lemans462
Newbie Poster

Need some parts/part numbers for 8.5 axle rebuild

Post by 68lemans462 »

I have a 1971 buick 8.5 rear end (bolt in axles) in my 68 Pontiac GTO. I'm upgrading to an Eaton 30 spline clutch style carrier (19559-010) which I already have. I need a set of 30 spline axles + the retaining sleeves (or whatever they are called) that press on behind the axle bearings to retain them. I'm wondering if there are part numbers for these items, and/or or if jdrace.com carries these parts. I need to get some stuff ordered. Thanks.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: Need some parts/part numbers for 8.5 axle rebuild

Post by monzaz »

We at jd Race have all the specs and can and will help you get your order correct. It is best to get the axles ordered through a rear differential shop as will usually know the ins and outs and will also talk to you about other needed details such as wheel studs, type of limited slip unit to be used with the axles, and just double check and ID the rear so you get the correct parts for the correct rear diff.
Custom axles are non returnable and have to have all the correct measurement or you will be wasting money and time.

You can PM here direct and we can get a number to call and discuss all the details.
Thank you, Jim Mitschke
J D Race
J D Race