c-clip eliminators

mercmarc
Newbie Poster

c-clip eliminators

Post by mercmarc »

I'm considering c-clip eliminators for the diff jd race built me a few years ago. It's a chevy nova 8.5 10 bolt with 30 spline axles. I need to know the bearing size to order the correct kit. The choice is either 1.4 or 1.533. I'm not sure but I think they are yukon axles.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: c-clip eliminators

Post by monzaz »

1.400 - you should have just called I am sure we have them on the shelf. We have discount no box deal elims kits also. Remember you have to cut off the axle bearing and seal to install c-clip elim kit. Your most likely NOYT going to break the alloy axle even into the deep 11 sec and or high 10 sec mark. IF you aRE BRACKET RACER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO USE THEM FOR nhra AND ihra MEETS 11.50 AND FASTER CAR. Jim Mitschke

J D Race
J D Race
mercmarc
Newbie Poster

Post by mercmarc »

Thanks for the quick response jim. The reason I'm considering doing this is I've got some play on the pass side bearing and in and out play I assume is the c clip that wasn't there a month ago. The drivers side is still good and tight. I'm doing low 12s now but I have a 100 shot of nitrous planned. I will try calling you soon when I get a minute, thanks again.
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

Well the low 12s is not too much a concern...BUT the 100 shot NOS is... If you are using that shot out of the hole c-clip elim is probably necessary. :) Jim
J D Race