Pontiac 10 bolt 8.2

Steven
Newbie Poster

Pontiac 10 bolt 8.2

Post by Steven »

Hello .y am steven and live in belgium .y have a pontiac Lemans 69 350 th400.y have a 461 stroker and 700r4 looking at 3.44 or somthing gear. ITS a street car but wil streetrace and ave fun wit 550 hp .tires 275/45r17 nitto .is my 8.2 ok for me with The ok parts from you ;-) or do y Neede to save for a 8.5 .grtz from belgium
Steven
Newbie Poster

Re: Pontiac 10 bolt 8.2

Post by Steven »

IT wont be on a prepped road .we dont have dragrace here (legal) just street .
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: Pontiac 10 bolt 8.2

Post by monzaz »

8.2 will be fine with newer parts... All the old metallurgy in the gears and posi units was kind of inferior to today's standards in hardness.

So good aftermaket new gears would be a plus axles are BOT IN STYLE that is a plus... posi unit you could do better but if you have a working one use it till it blows.

ALL posi units are weak in the same place the spider gears. NOT too much you can do about that... MAybe a power trax will make it a bit stronger for the 10 bolt 8.2 Pontiac. I think we even have a NO BOX deal on Ebay right now for one.

But yes on the street you should be ok ....BUT it all depends on the age of the rear when it was last built and that goes for any drive line parts. Jim
J D Race