H-body Bolt In Posi Rear End

docbillet
Newbie Poster

H-body Bolt In Posi Rear End

Post by docbillet »

Hi Jim,

I'm looking for a bolt in posi rear end for a 1980 Chevy Monza. I am currently in the process of building a mostly street car that will have Buick V6 Turbo with approximately 450-500hp and a Grand National 200R4 transmission/torque converter. I have the stock rear end currently in the car and also have a 12 bolt posi rear end that I could use if it's a better option. I'd like to know what options I have along with some pricing and your opinion on which option would be best for me to take. I'd also work picking up the rear end into the transaction. Thank you for your help in advance!

Dave
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: H-body Bolt In Posi Rear End

Post by monzaz »

Well Dave, The hard parts about the 1975-1980 H-body rears are the torque arm situation.

We can beef u[p your stock 7.5 rear with 28 spline axles and a aftermarket posi ring and pinion etc. Will handle quite a bit of power even some track time.

The other option at this time is a MOSER Engineering that uses the camaro 1982-2002 12 bolt center then we will need to swap all the brackets from your MONZA rear onto the moser housing. Big Money there.

10 bolt 7.5 rebuild will be in the 1000.00-1300.00 range

We can build any rear the same width as your stock h-body rear and if you want to work the brackets onto the rear and figure out a way to connect the torque arm that will save you loads of moneyt and we can mak the rear out of any rear including your 12 bolt. Jim -
J D Race
RedFiveKBS
Newbie Poster

Post by RedFiveKBS »

Jim,

I just purchased a 1976 Sunbird and I am starting to plan out my build. The current plan is an LS3 (480hp) and a TH350. I am interested in upgrading the stock 7.5" 10-bolt to hold up with this combo. I was thinking of either beefing up the stock unit with 3.73 posi and other items or upgrading to a 8.5" 10-bolt or 12-bolt rear but maintaining the current suspension set up (lower control arms & torque arm).

What can JD Race Products offer on these? I am also in the NE Ohio area (Elyria).

Any advice?

I am planning to be at the H-Body show in Quaker City in June as well.

thank you
Kevin B. Singleton
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

Emailed directly. Jim
J D Race