Carriers and Gears

69Yellowvert
Newbie Poster

Carriers and Gears

Post by 69Yellowvert »

I have been reading through the forum posts trying to get a little smarter and I think I am getting more confused. From what I have seen about the different carrier series if you want to use numerically higher gears (i.e. 4.11) on a 1 or 2 series carrier you will have to use a spacer to get the correct alignment. How does the relationship work for using numerically lower gears (i.e. 2.78) on a 2 or 3 series carrier? I am just trying to figure out the options I will have available when I go to change out my open carrier for a posi.

Thanks
Steve
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: Carriers and Gears

Post by monzaz »

YOU can not go backwards If you have 4.11 on a 4 series carrier YOUR STUCK...You will HAVE to buy a the 3 series or 2 series you need

You can ALWAYS spacer to a STEEPER gears BUT you can not go in reverse on the ratio.

SOMETIMES- Works can not explain as well as in person. If you are still lost please do not hesitate to call and will try to help you understand better.

330 990 8155
Jim
Attachments
carrier breaks.jpg
J D Race
69Yellowvert
Newbie Poster

Post by 69Yellowvert »

Thanks Jim I will give you a call tomorrow and you can make me smarter. Seeing the carrier breaks definately helped, but I would like to pick you brain some more.

Thanks Again

Steve
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

Yep, No Problem. Sometimes seeing helps a lot. Jim
J D Race