95' caprice

brian79
Newbie Poster

95' caprice

Post by brian79 »

Will a 95' Caprice 8.5 fit into a 79' malibu. I found one with disk brakes and was wondering if it could be swapped? I don't know the gears or if posi. I figured that I would need new uppers/different back spacing for my rims/1" shorter driveshaft. The normal stuff to switch over to a 8.5.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: 95' caprice

Post by monzaz »

Well If you have a MIG welder anything is possible...lol. It will be about 2" more back spacing on each rim. you will have to change the shock mounts from the front on the 95 caprice to the rear for the G-body 79 malibu.

Lower control arms are close but still off same with the spring perch pockets...close again but not right on.

Then you have the axle bolt pattern 5 on 5 compared to the 5 on 4 3/4" g-body rim bolt pattern.

I know we carry the upper control arms for 149.00 they are double adjustable for ultimate adjustment.

Now we do sell a 10 bolt 8.5 housing custom built that will bolt right into your G-body with the custom upper control arms. 250.00 upper control arms are 139.00 with the housing purchase

WE sell housing (J D Race) and axle (Moser) packages and we sell the whole rear done. 500.00

We wilkl have a 8.8 ford G-body ready soon housing and axle package.
J D Race
brian79
Newbie Poster

Post by brian79 »

Will The 7.5 brakes work on that 8.5. If I got the housing/axle combo for 500, I would need a posi/spool and gears and it would be ready to bolt in?

Would be nice if the brakes would swap over cuz I have brand new everything on my 7.5 now
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

Yes on our rear differential housing all the stock 7.5 brakes bolt right up. Drums and shoes hardware everything. The only difference on our housing are the upper control arms. Jim - J D Race.com
J D Race