77 wagon project

Come on in. Welcome to JD Race forums. Please come on and introduce your self, Let us know what your ride is. Please enjoy the site!! Please no questions. There is a seperate section for that. Thanks much.
77irishwagon
Newbie Poster

77 wagon project

Post by 77irishwagon »

Looking to get a rearend made for a newly acquired 77 vega estate wagon. I've taken out the 4 cylinder and th350 and am in the process of putting in a 350 sbc and powerglide. The plan is making around 350-400 HP drive it around town, drive 60 miles to the nearest racetrack and be able to drive it back home. Trying to get a rearend that can handle the abuse and I hear that you do a great job.

Any recommendations? I'm thinking I would keep the torque arm set up, after market torque arm and mount it to a fab'd crossmember. Any idea on how narrow i can go and still use the factory control arms/brackets ? I would like a bolt in rear (or as close as i can).

I would like the rear to come with disc brakes. Please let me know build time, estimated cost ,etc.

Thanks
Chris
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: 77 wagon project

Post by monzaz »

Wow Chris...Your asking a bit much for a Monza/vega...lol.

Disc brakes will be impossible with out making the rear WIDER...YES I said wider. The disc brakes kits will rub the inner fender wheel on all 1975-1980 monza/ vega / H-body rear.

The stock rear will hold with good parts install inside the rear.

28 spline Moser axles
true trac or eaton posi
New bearings through out
Aftermarket gears (3.42 3.73 4.10 etc.)

Best if we discuss this over the phone live..A Lot of extra questions to ask and see how much track time there will be compared to just driving and pounding the ground. Jim

J D Race
330 990 8155
J D Race