Hello From South Florida!

Come on in. Welcome to JD Race forums. Please come on and introduce your self, Let us know what your ride is. Please enjoy the site!! Please no questions. There is a seperate section for that. Thanks much.
ubushaus
Rookie Poster

Hello From South Florida!

Post by ubushaus »

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and have never torn into a 10-bolt until recently, and I am willing to learn. Almost two years ago I bought a '67 Skylark convertible. I parked it immediately due to all of the things needed to get it safely on the road. While researching the project on the v8Buick board, I decided I had to upgrade the transmission to a 200-4R (overdrive). That meant I also need a different gear set to bring the RPM's into an acceptible range in 4th gear.

I needed a new frame for my car, and found a '65 GS rolling frame. Since the rear on the '65 is an inch shorter than the '67, I am going with it to avoid clearance issues with bigger wheels and fender skirts.

Jim probably doesn't remember, but a year or so ago he put me in touch with a guy who wanted my 3.08 ring and pinion. As it turned out, he was selling his Eaton posi and 3.55 gear set - so we did a deal. Anyway, now I am trying to get the rear axle cleaned up and the carrier installed. This is why I am here. I will be contacting Jim to purchase all the parts I will need for the installation.Undoubtedly, I will be posting questions, pictures, and possibly videos along the way.

Thanks in advance for the support!
Joe M.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: Hello From South Florida!

Post by monzaz »

Welcome JOE, I do remember this as you explained... This is the exact reason for the site. SOOOooo shot away with the questions. I will do my best to keep up with your questions as fast as possible.

The first and most important thing about the diff work IS PATIENTS!!! Over all to not assume...please what for the answers because some things you can not go back and change once they are done. :)

Glad your here and please if anyone on this site feels they can help please do so ...do not feel like i am the only source...If you question my answer please let us know and will look into anything and re evaluate and either change or defunk the the question.

Ok? Lets tackle that rear. Jim :shock:
J D Race
ubushaus
Rookie Poster

Re: Hello From South Florida!

Post by ubushaus »

Thanks Jim,

I have been shooting some pictures during cleaning, and I already have "issues" and questions. I will post them in the 10-bolt section, but there are a few more shots I need to get to make my initial questions complete.

Thanks again,
Joe M.
'67 Skylark Convertible (Project)
'04 Mazda 6S Wagon (Daily Driver)
Past Project: '70 Stingray Coupe (Sold)