Sway bar quest...G-BODY-A-BODY

denis
Rookie Poster

Sway bar quest...G-BODY-A-BODY

Post by denis »

Hello Jim and Guys...

Anyone know what rear sway bar must i use if i bold a weaky G-Body 7,5" 10 bolt rear in a A-Body car (oldsmobile 65),a A-Body or G-Body sway bar???

I know that many G-body guys use A-body 10 or 12 Bolt rears but which sway be he used,i don´t know ..maybe you guys have any advice?

The rear are installed with the factory A-body rear arms....and Jim,she´s still alive!!!

Regards from Germany
denis
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: Sway bar quest...G-BODY-A-BODY

Post by monzaz »

Well that depends on the control arms...If they have sway bar access holes I would have to say a-body sway bar. But you also need to recognize if you had to pull the arms in and if you did then the G-body sway bar will work if the proper holes are drilled in the a-body control arms.

Do you have an inside measurement where the sway bar is suppose to go? Jim
J D Race
denis
Rookie Poster

Post by denis »

hello Jim.........

problem solved,i need a A-body bar........

thanks
Denis
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

So your installing a G-body in a A-body 65-72 chassis? Man how depressing you have to go down to a 7.5 rear.

How are you getting the upper to fit? Seems like the arms will not be long enough causing the pinion angle to be WAY off and the binding of the suspenion. ??? Let me know Pictures etc. Jim
J D Race
denis
Rookie Poster

Post by denis »

Jim....here the pics you want (for a few years :roll: ) don´t see you want them...

monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

Ok I see what yiou have done. You have a 1978-1988 G-body rear under a A-body 1964-1972 era car.

SO here is the deal- I do not know what backspacing your rims are and if they are made to fit that rear you are stuck there.
What should be under the car si a 1964 65 66 narrow first gen A-body rear from a
F85 cutlass 64 65 66 or Skylark , GS 64 65 66 or chevelle, El Camino, Malibu 64 65 66 67 OR Pontiac GTO, Tempest, Lemans - 64 65 66

That is what should be under your car.

The rear you have under your car is 2" narrower than the first gen A-body and 3" narrower than the 2nd gen A-body 68-72 and 4" narrower than the 73-77 A-body chassis (WHICH as I stated you should stay away from totally. )
J D Race