Need rear end for 84 gmc g2500 van

If you want certian parts this may be the place to find them. Just ask someone may have just want you want.
bigroneshouse
Rookie Poster

Need rear end for 84 gmc g2500 van

Post by bigroneshouse »

i need a rear end for my work truck,i prefer a good used one because cost of new or rebuilt is a problem,hell at this point im willing to trade my plumbing and home renovation skills to someone that has the rear end i need,i need my truck on the road,im losing to much money looking at my truck in driveway.
monzaz
Average Poster

Re: Need rear end for 84 gmc g2500 van

Post by monzaz »

We need to know the size of the diff. 14 bolt 9.5 ich ring or 10.5 full floater... We need to know this so you have a good bolt in rear. PLUS the gear ratio will be needed. Jim
J D Race
bigroneshouse
Rookie Poster

Post by bigroneshouse »

1984 gmc g2500 van,the engine i have is a 4.1 250 cid inline six cylinder,my trans is a 700r4 and my rear end is a 8.5 10 bolt rear end and the gear ratio is a 3.42,what gear ratio should i run is this van considering this is a work vehicle,im trying to get good gas mileage,but i dont want to lose to much towing capacity,i do use a a trailer ocassionally,would a 3.73 work well or should i stay with 3.42,and also do you have a rear end i can get from you,or can you just rebuild mine,thanks jim.
monzaz
Average Poster

Post by monzaz »

I have a rear here from a pick-up truck 6 lug has all the good stuff in it 3.73 and posi too I do not know if you took care of the van yet but this could be an option. Jim
J D Race